SF Sex Info Training is Coming Up!
San Francisco Sex Information is an amazing organization. They offer free phone counseling on pretty much anything having to do with sex. And the training is absolutely amazing!
I got the letter below from their training coordinator and thought I’d pass it along. Get in touch with them if you have any questions or if you want to apply,
I’d like to announce the spring 2010 San Francisco Sex Information training, a unique class on human sexuality offered twice each year. Some of your staff, faculty, interns and/or participants may be interested attending.
SFSI training covers essential topics in human sexuality, including:
- Sex, science, and the history of sex research
- Sex, gender, and orientation
- Sexual function and dysfunction
- Pregnancy/birth control/fertility
- HIV, STDs, and harm reduction
- BDSM, fetishes, and variations
- Relationship styles and skills
Communication and education skills covered include:
- Listening effectively
- Clear, comprehensible, & appropriate presentation
- Recognizing and suspending judgments.
CEUs are available for the Sex Educator Training (by prior arrangement).
Spring 2010 Training Schedule:
Orientation / Interview dates for the spring 2010 Sex Educator Training will be Wednesday, March 31st at 7:00 PM & Saturday, April 3rd at noon. Attendance of one of these sessions is required in order to take the training.
SFSI Training takes place over eight days:
- April 10th & 11th (Weekend 1: SFSI Style Sex Education)
- April 24th & 25th (Weekend 2: Sex and Medical Science)
- May 8th & 9th (Weekend 3: Sex and Social Science)
- May 22nd & 23rd (Weekend 4: Sex: All the rest)
To make our training more accessible it can now be taken in one training cycle, two training cycles, or by the weekend.
For more information, please contact the training coordinators at email@example.com or visit our website at http://sfsi.org/wiki/Training.To sign up, please fill out our Training application form which can be found at http://sfsi.org/training/.