Sex News in Asia – 5/9/12
- Singapore must increase its total fertility rate between now and 2015, or the country’s labour force will shrink to the point that it becomes very difficult to support the growing ageing population here. Expert suggests radical measures to raise fertility rate
- Facebook photo ends up on porn, dating sites. The Straits Times understands that at least two other Singaporean women have also discovered that their Facebook pictures have surfaced on these two websites. The three are victims of what is known as ‘photo-jacking’ – the act of stealing pictures from social media like Facebook and Twitter and exploiting them.
- Girl-on-girl kiss to be censored in re-run of awards show. Commentary by Ng Yi-Sheng
- Big row over nude shoots
- Almost two teens a day end up with sexually transmitted infections
- From 4 to 18 May, rainbowartsproject is holding “Handsome: IVSG”, an art exhibition about men and masculinity. Featured artists include filmmaker Bruce LaBruce, photographer Marcus Mok and young illustrator Faisal Husni.
- Under-age call girl scandal shakes Singapore elite
- Boost to sex drive for middle-aged men: Hormone replacement therapy
- Women beware: Your ‘sexy’ photos on FB might end up on porn and dating sites
- 71 per cent against transwoman as Miss S’pore Universe: Y! poll
- Commentary: Tunnel vision on birth rate and integration
- Commentary: What makes a good feminist?
- PKR leaders have come out to defend deputy president Azmin Ali following the circulation of pictures showing a man indulging in a sex act in a toilet.
- A junior actress by the name of Sana Khan was arrested along with a few models during a police raid in Bangalore for allegedly running a sex racke
- Gay sex spa in PJ raided
- With bullies running the country, many LGBTs find themselves hiding further and further beyond the margins of the legal, beyond the reach of the laws that deem them unfit for society.
- Focusing on a range of Japanese as well as English male-queer materials including magazines and websites, author Katsuhiko Suganuma examines the formation of masculine same-sex desire in postwar Japan, and in particular to one aspect of its relations with the West (Euro-America).
- Gabriel “Heart” Diño, an MS Applied Math student at the University of the Philippines Diliman, has been elected chairman of the student council of the State University’s main unit, becoming the first transgender to lead the influential student government.
- What it means to say ‘vagina’. A campaign’s name may say a lot more than what the title suggests. When trying to bring change, it is crucial to remember how something is said may play a large role in the outcome
- Teenagers and sex in India. The Indian government is under growing fire from children’s rights activists for new legislation pushed through the Cabinet to define sex under the age of 18, even if consensual, as statutory rape.
- India’s obsession with fair skin has reached a new low
- Hong Kong bans birth tourism. Earlier this month Hong Kong’s government lowered the quota for mainland women who can recieve maternity treatment. This year it is 35,000, including public and private hospitals – 7 percent fewer than last year.
- Divorce even more of a mess for foreigners. As more foreigners come to Beijing to work, more of them are getting married – and divorced. And that’s leading to long delays in the courtroom. Aoyuncun court, which has handled most legal disputes involving foreigners in the capital since April 2009
For the last Sex News in Asia, click here.
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.