Sex News in Asia – 5/2/11
- In Singapore, polling day is May 7. This is the first time so many seats are contested and the first time many Singaporeans have the chance to vote. How are sex and politics related?
- First of all, there are accusations that one opposition party, Singapore Democratic Party is fronted a gay agenda. If you read closer, this so-called agenda is ‘promoting homosexuality’ when SDP is basically questioning a long-standing issue of gay rights being human rights.
- This is the video that started it all: Vincent Wijeysingha and M Ravi – lowering age of consent for sex with boys aged 14 and repeal of 377A.
- PAP on Wijeysingha video: Candidates should be upfront about motives
- PAP: Will Wijeysingha pursue gay agenda? SDP: No, we will not
- Reactions by Netcitizens can be found here, here and here.
- Forum letter: PAP’s statement on Wijeysingha disappointing; and another here.
- And the weak statement consequently by the minister concerned later.
- The 2nd most popular politician in Singapore is now Seah. So tell me looks don’t matter in elections?
- Then there is the threat of divorce if one joins the opposition. Watson Chong cries while recounting family’s reaction to his decision to join the Workers’ Party.
- A more important and meaningful question is: Will Singapore’s equal rights record withstand United Nations examination?
- Mark June 18 to attend the third Pink Dot Singapore calling for the right for all to love.
- Second episode of “Anwar” sex video posted online
- Man in the buff posters found at bus stop
- Malaysia’s Anwar sodomy accuser branded liar
- Young M’sian heiress searching for Mr Right
- British royal touch for local wedding cards
- A Malaysian suggests a ‘Boy’s Day’. Read why.
- A Malaysian doctor says that breastfeeding is the first defence against obesity.
- Women warned of sex stimulant in drink
- Student admits frolic with transvestite
- Thai editor challenges culture which allows child rape
- A new programme is teaching males to be more responsible
- Search is on for Thailand’s most beautiful transvestite
- Is it possible to draw a line between what is personal and private in politics?
- Why does sex and sexual orientation hold so much power in the minds of the public?
- More on politicians in Asia.
- Two female refugees from North Korea have been arrested in South Korea for allegedly forcing fellow fugitives into prostitution while they were in China.
- Bombaywatch: Mumbai to get first female lifeguards
- Indian newlyweds offered cash to delay having children
- Lovesick man beheads schoolgirl
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.