Sex News in Asia – 4/2/12
- Dieting so close to death: 23-year-old is now a campaigner who reminds people of the dangers of this disorder. Eating disorders are becoming more common too.
- GPs to be trained to spot enlarged prostates
- Pang Khee Teik, co-founder of Malaysia’s only sexuality rights festival, Seksualiti Merdeka, writes in an open letter to the community after hearing from many that they were “doing just fine” but are now under scrutiny after Seksualiti Merdeka ‘decided’ to fight for LGBT rights publicly.
- Woman who eloped back after 16 years
- School girl abducted and taken advantage of
- Nine accused of having sex with minors
- Indonesian minister reignites miniskirts debate. Earlier this month, Indonesia’s House of Representatives speaker Marzuki Alie drew widespread condemnation after he suggested female staff be banned from wearing miniskirts, saying such clothing could prompt men to rape them.
- Shotgun weddings in Dumai cause for concern
- All hot over Jakarta’s latest anti-porn drive
- China will ban health supplement makers from naming their products after sex, God or eternal life
- 38-Year-Old Chinese Virgin Seeks Husband, No Sex After Marriage
- Chinese twins ‘seek sex change’
- The myth about Shanghai women as material girls endures, both in popular imagination and the realm of fiction.
- As China prospers, more people seek cosmetic surgery to fulfill their dreams of being beautiful.
- The National Population and Family Planning Commission, said. Last August, the commission and other government agencies, including the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Public Security, launched a national campaign to curb non-medical sex determination and sex-selective abortions.
- The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) has compiled 15 documented cases of killings and rapes of lesbians; and demands an immediate police investigation into the pattern of the violent murders.
- The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has sacked an army official for his alleged involvement in a rape case filed by a 16-year-old girl in Benguet province.
- Respect for human trafficking victim rights goes a long way- IACAT (Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking)
- Why mistresses have all the fun
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.