Sex News in Asia – 4/19/11
- Fridae interviews Singaporean artist Michael Lee, whose latest work Office Orchitect is showing at the Singapore Biennale, about his legacy of homoerotic art. His first gay-themed work One Or Zero (1997) is still banned in Singapore despite having bagged the first prize in the experimental category of the United Film and Video Association Student Film Competition.
- Singapore mum rescues daughter from ‘mamasan’
- Woman in “forbidden love” hoax fears for her safety. He is 23-year-old “Mark” and his 47-year-old fiancÃ©e is “Audrey.
- Malaysia says no to sex education
- Sex and politics
- A Transvestite’s Journey to a New Beginning
- A father who lost custody of his 11-year-old daughter to her American mother two weeks ago is now pining for her, claiming that he had never abused her.
- Wedding in prison: ‘Bali Nine’ groom ties the knot. The question is whether they are allowed to consummate their marriage?
- McDonald’s pulls Philippine ad amid church anger. This from a country where divorce and abortions are illegal in the Philippines, while sales of condoms are restricted.
- ABS-CBN highlights Filipino representation at the recent Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation Media Awards which honours media outlets and TV shows for positive representations of LGBTs and the issues affecting their lives.
- Sex & Zen at premiere of Hong Kong’s first 3D erotic film
- Prostitution ring boasting army of workers busted
- Briton claims he was Dowager’s sex slave
- Taiwan planning special sex zones
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.