Sex News in Asia – 3/7/11
- Refining families – On the 25th anniversary of women’s advocacy group, Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware), the group asked the brave question if policies could support families including single women who want to adopt children, single unwed mothers who made very predetermined & considered choices, more likely than not when abortion is freely available, and also the LBGT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) group.
- Elections are coming to Singapore. The different Singapore political parties’ are asked about their positions on LGBT concerns.
- The Singapore Armed Forces will not draft women for national service because there are no operational needs to justify doing so
- MPs suggest ways to boost low fertility rate
- Sex business is booming in Singapore
- TV host ˜asked company to hire mistress’. The comments underneath are more interesting than the story itself.
- Opinion: Alexis Ong laments the rise of the ‘manscaped,’ handbag-carrying, conversation-less local male.
- In circular sent to university students, students were urged to refrain from masturbating in the showers. A spokesperson from NTU said the letter is obviously a hoax as the phone numbers are wrong.
- A restaurant manager felt depressed over suspicions that his wife had relations with two other men and her request for a divorce, and proceeded to smother his two young children to death, before setting fire to his flat and ending his own life by rolling down from a 12th-floor parapet at his block in Ang Mo Kio.
- A university undergraduate is being investigated for allegedly engaging in an obscene act in front of a female student.
- In case you missed it. The other person is Singaporean undergraduate, Jonathan Wong, who was arrested and charged with 17 counts of being in possession of child pornography videos. He made international news and was given a suspended sentence for his offences in a York Crown Court. He also singlehandedly managed to change how MOE will select teachers and scholarship candidates as well as the monitoring of scholars studying overseas (meaning tighter).
- Poly student admits to being a pimp
- For nearly 10 years, a former Malaysian salesman was in hiding and severed contact with his family when a hospital which misdiagnosed him as HIV positive in 2001. He has won a court battle and awarded 100,000 ringgit (US$32,970) for medical negligence and 50,000 ringgit ($16,485) for defamation.
- Discipline teacher charged with molesting underaged students
- Playboy tames sex appeal for Asia
- Thai university uniforms voted most sexy
- Mistresses in China share experiences online
- March 3 is Mistress Day in China.
- Ex-wife takes revenge online
- When her affair with a Singaporean man soured, a Hong Kong woman went on an online “kiss and tell” rampage.
- Tycoon Richard Li has issued a statement to the media regarding his separation from actress Isabella Leong.
- Work, anxiety and sleep are top excuses Taiwanese men use to avoid sex
- Doctor arrested for killing mistress. He tied her up, stuffed a towel into her mouth and injected the drug into her body before smothering her with a pillow.
- Indian brides herald a toilet revolution. Young women are part of a campaign to bring much-needed social change and improve sanitation facilities
- Dowry wars in India. Men say their rights are violated by a law that protects brides.
- An “impartial” probe into the deaths of 13 pregnant women due to administration of contaminated intravenous fluid in two hospitals.
- Doll faced Chinese girl reveals her unaltered photos. More here.
- Late S.Korean actress forced to have sex with 31 men
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.