Sex News in Asia – 3/21/11
- A Singapore-based counselling and personal development organisation for LGBTQ individuals, has launched a 32-page dating guide for gay men.
- Self-appointed private investigator – A Singapore woman bent on revenge after her former husband had affairs with three Chinese nationals would walk around Chinatown, keeping a lookout for mismatched couples such as middle-aged Singaporean men with young Chinese women.
- Woman pleads guilty to ‘obscene acts’. This is believed to be the first case where a woman is charged for committing a sexual act on an underage girl.
- Singapore’s new Ris Low?
- Are Singaporean men too shy?
- Orchard Road prowler shot ’85 upskirt videos in one day’
- Forum letters:
- A Malaysian teenager’s dream of marrying a good-looking young man was shattered when her groom was not the 30-year-old bank officer she had fantasised about, but a 63-year-old rubber tapper.
- Some 193 young man in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia have reportedly fallen prey to the same man with at least 100 saying they had sex with him before they were cheated of money, laptops and other items.
- Fear of religious authorities drove an amorous couple in Malaysia to flee in a state of undress, with the man stark naked while the woman was clad only in a bra and short pants.
- Activist Angkhana Neelapaijit says Muslim women in southern Thailand face discrimination by civil and religious law.
- A contestant on last weekend’s Thailand’s Got Talent show got the judges’ approval and the audience cheering; and made fans of viewers around the world. Find out why. Watch the video with English subtitles here.
- ‘Gay’ man swindles 200 others in Malaysia
- Coping with disaster: Japan’s LGBT community speaks
- Japanese LGBT/PLHIV orgs report in OK, but uncertainty remains
- Radiation and Pregnancy
- In an apparent case of honour killing, a minor girl was allegedly killed by her father for eloping with her married neighbour in a village here.
- BTech final year girl student at MMM Engineering College, Gorakhpur, was rusticated by the college administration on Tuesday for keeping her boyfriend in her hostel room during night.
- In 20 years, India will have 20% more men than women. Stating that there were “fewer women then men in India, President Pratibha Patil cautioned that if this trend continued it would have a negative impact on society.
- The gay community in India has organised a multi-city protest to demand that the TV station refrain from further “negative and homophobic portrayals of the queer and other marginalised communities”, and air a public apology to the persons involved and the LGBT community at large.
- Female Tamil migrant to remain in custody over tiger-themed necklace
- India doctors suspended over deaths of pregnant women
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.