Sex News in Asia – 12/26/11
- One in 10 Singapore women suffers from endometriosis.
- Big is beautiful. Celebrating diversity in body shapes.
- Singapore pursues a discriminatory policy against low-income Singaporean men married to foreigners. Their wives cannot get PR or citizenship and can only stay in Singapore by applying for LTVP (Long Term Visitor Pass). Supporting a family when you’re poor in Singapore is extremely tough given the high cost of living. For these poor Singaporean men with foreign wives, their problems are compounded because those on LTVP are not allowed to work, cannot get subsidised medical care and apply for HDB flats.
- ‘Missing’ gay Malaysian newlywed in Ireland draws harsh criticism. Another report is here.
- A teacher told his wife that he was giving “private tuition but was actually having sex with a 14-year-old student.
- Commentary: Don’t laugh, don’t rape
- Commission wants govt to take responsibility for minivan rapes
- Oz awards Indonesian bloggers for AIDS awareness
- Police wife faces lie detector for rape claim. More here.
- Suspected rapist claims to have promised to marry his victim
- Mobile app to help Indian women fight sex assault. It enables women to immediately alert friends or family if they feel at risk
- Mumbai cops stop Indian sex workers heading to Southeast Asia
- What began as a street fashion two decades ago as youngsters aped the doll-like European styles of baroque and rococo has morphed into a near mainstream movement, with dozens of offshoots.
- South Korean President presses Japan to address the long-standing issue of Korean women forced into sexual slavery during World War II.
- Seoul Student Rights Ordinance passes with sexual orientation, gender identity protections
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.