Sex News in Asia – 12/19/12
- Action for Aids launches mobile testing service
- Fridae.com founder sues board of directors
- Shirtless men clad in red sweatpants have been lining up for days in Singapore’s prime shopping district, part of an advertising gimmick revealing not just muscle but also a gradual unpeeling of the city state’s puritanical ways.
- Commentary here: It ain’t easy being a beefcake
- The Johor Health Pharmaceutical department is having trouble nabbing illegal medicine peddlers due to tontos who constantly provide information on raids to them.
- Male sex workers on the prowl in Penang
- The Malaysia government will suggest that girls as young as 12 years old be given human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination against cervical cancer owing to boys becoming sexually active at a younger age. State Women, Family, Health and Community Development Committee chairman Dr Robia Kosai said girls currently received the HPV shots when they reached 13 but it should be administered at an earlier age.
- Some points in the Code of Practice of HIV
- Abdul Rohman, a faculty member at Indonesian Islamic University, writes in The Jakarta Post that it is imperative to foster dialogue between religious groups and gay communities, and for religious groups to reach out to them and learn how to synchronise their situation with Islam. Column: Can you be gay and Muslim?
- Robin Lim, an American woman who has helped thousands of poor Indonesian women have a healthy pregnancy and birth, was named the 2011 CNN Hero of the Year.
- 10 East Java inmates HIV positive
- Commercial sex workers in Surakarta, Central Java, have demanded a designated red-light district to ensure better organized outreach services, especially on health.
- Batam prostitutes claim councilor client
- Issue: Segregating men and women on buses
- High school girl arrested for sex trade
- HIV/AIDS among housewives and children on the rise
- Urgent petition drive underway to keep LGBT clause in Seoul’s Student Rights Ordinance Bill
- Gay South Korean conscript wins refugee status in Canada
- S. Korean president presses Japan on sex slaves
- Korean former comfort women hold 10000th protest
- Oldest Korean victim of Japan’s wartime sexual slavery dies
- A recent upsurge in the number of underage girl prostitutes in some northeastern provinces is causing concern, a children’s rights advocate group says.
- Xiangqi, the founder of Shanghai Nvai about setting up the city’s only lesbian group for local Chinese, faux marriages where gay men and lesbian women marry one another, and lesbian life in China.
- Chinese man arrested for hiring wedding strippers
- The Philippine’s only political organisation for LGBTs has urged Catholic priests, who oppose the anti-discrimination bill, to “come out of their extravagant churches to see the reality “ that some LGBTs are not hired to work, some are being harassed and violated and some 144 killed because of their sexual orientation and gender identity.”
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.