Sex News in Asia – 12/12/11
- Fridae’s reporter in Hong Kong Tony Ed Lo meets Fan Popo, this year’s HKLGFF Prism Award winner and one of the faces behind the Beijing Queer Film Festival; and John Badalu, the founder of the Q Film Festival in Indonesia who share the challenges of organising their respective festivals.
- WSJ: SlutWalk Singapore puts feminism in focus.
- Public House
- When no is a game
- When no is really no?
- The Online Citizen: SlutWalk – Manufacturing myths about ˜myths’.
- The following is a speech delivered by Cher Tan, one of SlutWalk Singapore 2011²s organiser at the event on Dec 4th.
- 650 take a stand against sexual violence at SlutWalk
- Reactions to SlutWalk Singapore
- Commentary about SlutWalk Singapore
- A beautiful account of the pain of slut-shaming.
- Photo essay by The Straits Times photographer, Nuria Ling. This is a series of portraits of some of the participants who were present.
- More faces here and here.
- Question of: When does dirty dancing become a crime?
- Profile: Tania De Rozario is an artist and writer interested in notions of love, loss, desire and home.
- 1 in 5 men here cheat on partners
- “Want an Ang Mo Boyfriend?” — that’s exactly how one Facebook ad belonging to be2.sg reads, the Singapore branch of an internationally-established dating site known as Be2. The term “ang moh refers to Caucasian or white folk.
- Romantic liaisons between foreign workers on the rise
- Cases of flashers, peeping Toms and men taking photographs and videos up unsuspecting women’s skirts have risen over the last five years. Police classify these offences as ‘intruding into the privacy of a woman’. They dealt with 579 cases last year, up from 365 in 2007. And this year is shaping up to be just as bad, with 307 cases in the first six months alone.
- ‘Shirtless greeters’ cause stir in front of Abercrombie & Fitch store
- Private hospitals gear up for Dragon baby boom
- NSF gets probation for indecent acts with 12-year-old girl
- Malaysian-born consultant urological surgeon George Lee talks about overcoming the embarrassment about erectile dysfunction
- The Malaysian Men’s Health Initiative (MMHI) shares their findings of how baby boomers are coping with this stage of life, in terms of their lifestyles, health-seeking behaviours and social support.
- Malaysians third most unfaithful in the world
- The Slutwalk garnered more publicity after it was cancelled on December 4, than it perhaps would have if it had taken place.
- The planned SlutWalk in Bangalore did not come off on Sunday, with the City police withdrawing permission for the march, apparently under pressure from the “moral police.
- The march is the city’s fourth since the Delhi High Court decriminalised homosexuality in July 2009.
- Benny Chan apologises for harassing Rose Chan, vows to give up drinking
- Rose Chan recounts Joe Ma, Benny Chan’s drunken attack, goes to police
- Joe Ma, Benny Chan in trouble over drunken harassment of Rose Chan
- Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) returns 5 Pinays from China sex den in Guangzhou near Xiamen.
- Forum letter: Man guilty of concubinage may be jailed for 4 years
- The Burmese army has been following a policy of systematically raping women and girls to subjugate the country’s rebellious ethnic minorities.
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.