Sex News in Asia – 10/17/11
- Asian experts endorse sexual orientation, gender identity rights. Prof Douglas Sanders reports on the recently held 1st Biennial Conference of the Asia Pacific Forum of National Human Rights Institutions attended by representatives of the national human rights institutions (NHRIs) established by the governments of Afghanistan, Australia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, South Korea, Thailand and Timor Leste.
- Singaporeans want explanation for nude squat saga. Malaysia is insisting that the female Immigration officer who carried out a body search on two Singaporean women, during which they were told to strip naked and perform nude squats, carried out her responsibilities and duties well.
- Married couples in Singapore have been faking their divorce in order to buy new flats to be rented. The flats rentals typically earn them an extra $2,000 to $3,000 a month.
- Local actor Andie Chen, 26, received an e-mail recently asking if he was keen to be a social escort. Would you pay $20,000 a month for his company?
- Leow Yangfa, an openly gay social worker in Singapore, has launched I Will Survive, a website to collect personal lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) stories to raise awareness about coming out for LGBT communities, and promote discussion around LGBT-relevant issues.
- The Department of Health (DOH) yesterday issued the investigation report on the HIV-tainted organ transplant conducted by the National Taiwan University Hospital (NTUH), which laid blame on the hospital’s transplant team leader and lab technicians.
- A 60-year-old man in Singapore has been allowed by his wife to take young Vietnamese brides but only on the condition that she gets to watch their “child-making process, reported China Press.
- The controversial Obedient Wives Club (OWC) has set off another round of public outrage with an “explicit sex book which encourages a Muslim husband to have joint sex with all his wives. Another report is here.
- Man sodomises 23-day-old son after wife declines sex
- The third Shanghai Pride will be held from Oct 22 – 29. Jennifer Chang and Lisa Dazols, a couple who left their San Francisco home in June to travel the world for a year in search of “Supergays who are creating change for the LGBTQ community, speak with Shanghai Pride organizers Dylan Chen, Charlene Liu and Kenneth Tan.
- Six men said to be homosexuals including a namesake of actor Coco Martin were caught by elements of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)-Cavite jerking off in front of their personal computers, in a raid at a cyber sex den in General Trias Cavite.
- Pigeon, Japan’s leading baby and maternity products manufacturer, spent years of research to find the best possible way of nursing babies to help them get the many health benefits of breast milk. Pigeon released the Peristaltic Plus, a baby nipple designed to enable newborns to suck more efficiently.
- MAKING waves of late is a group that is endearing itself to the masses. The singing gayband Wondergays who goes by colors and not by names\’White, Grey, Blue, Black, Pink and Green\’six “hunky gays in different shapes and sizes but equally talented in singing and in stand-up comedy.
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.