Sex News From Asia
- Not enough babies – The total fertility rate hit rock bottom at 1.16 in 2010, the Chinese fertility rate – which remained the lowest among all the races – has sunk even lower to 1.02 from 1.08 in 2009. This led Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew to say that was why the country needs new immigrants.
- New Centre for Muslims – The Centre for Remarriage and Stepfamilies Vista Sakinah has exceeded its target of helping 600 couples from reconstituted families, even before its official launch on Saturday 15 Jan. Run by the Muslim Women Association of Singapore, the centre began operations more than a year ago.
- Charity: Old bras – CozyCot, a Singaporean women’s website, busted expectations by collecting over 10,000 bras for charity in three weeks – far exceeding its initial target of 1,000. Of the 10,000 donated bras, over 400 were new. The bras will benefit young women in orphanages and slums in Bali and Cambodia, as well as a maternity clinic in Cambodia.
- He’s 42. She’s 13. – Between February and May 2007, a 42-year-old martial arts instructor allegedly committed an affairs with his 13-year-old female student. Now, the father of two young children has been charged with three counts of statutory rape and four counts of indecent acts with the teenager. After a breakup and other issues like stress from studies, the teenager was depressed and had attempted suicide. There were text message exchanges where he is believed to tell the girl that he would get her a supplementary credit card for her shopping. The accused painted his wife as someone who “has been controlling my life very tightly”. He claimed to not know what she meant when she said she wanted to be with him till the end of time and have two children with him.
- He tapes. He cheats. – A 28-year-old man, Chen Guilin, better known as Gary Ng among Netizens, who gained notoriety in Singapore by posting home-made sex videos on the Internet, has been sentenced to 50 months’ jail and fined S$20,000 for possessing obscene films, housebreaking and forgery. He was found to have 507 obscene films in his possession with nearly all of them showed him having sex with different women. Chen also made off with more than S$170,000 worth of cash and valuables belonging to his former clients. He also admitted to forging the signatures of two women to draw cash totaling more than S$90,000 from their bank accounts.
Elsewhere in Asia
- Japan – Young Japanese men are losing interest in sex, according to a study commissioned by the government, in a further warning sign for a nation notorious for its low birth rate. More than 40 percent of married people said they have not had sex in the past month. Survey participants cited vague reluctance after childbirth, that they could not be bothered, or that they were too tired after work.
- Malaysia – Malaysian police are investigating allegations that children as young as eight years old were raped and sodomized at a children’s home on the island state of Penang.