Sex Educators and Sex Geeks! Free Teleconference About Anal Sex Lubricants
You may have seen my recent post about some very preliminary research regarding lubricants, anal sex, and safety. The folks who first reported it, the International Rectal Microbicides Advocates (yes, it’s not a very sexy name), have announced a free teleconference this Wednesday, June 16 at 3 pm Eastern Time. Here’s the info:
Please join IRMA and AVAC for a global teleconference to help make sense of it all with the folks who presented these new data, Charlene Dezzutti (University of Pittsburgh), Pamina Gorbach (UCLA) and from the Population Council, Othell Begay and Jose Romero. The call will be moderated by IRMA’s Secretary and Resident Lube Expert, Marc-AndrÃ© LeBlanc.
* What did the new studies released at Microbicides 2010 tell us about lube safety?
* What are the implications of these results for HIV/STI prevention messaging?
* What further research should take place to address unanswered questions?
* What are the key advocacy points we should pursue?
* Why does this matter to rectal microbicide advocates?
If you’d like to join the discussion, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you an invitation with all the information you need to join the call
I’ll be attending the teleconference and I’ll certainly report back on it, although I’ll have to leave partway through to lead a training. So if you’re a sex nerd, a sex educator, or simply a dedicated anal aficionado, you might want to check it out for yourself.