Happy 20th Anniversary, Carol Queen!
The office smells of fresh flowers and was filled with applause when Jackie Strano came in this morning and announced that today is Carol Queen’s 20th anniversary with Good Vibrations! Whoa. 20 years “ that’s a serious commitment to sex positivity, education, activism, and panache! So I snapped a pic:
In the short three years that I have been with Good Vibes, I’ve seen a lot of changes and dramatic developments. I can only imagine what kind of arc happens over 20 years!
Carol can be found dispensing her fun and practical brand of inspirational sex education on the Good Vibrations website and at any number of events, including her
- Ask Our Doc workshops (there’s one tonight on How to Choose a Vibrator at the Valencia street store);
- Mommy’s Playdates where she counsels and encourages moms in sex after kids (there’s one July 6th at the Berkeley store!);
- art receptions (including her own!) at the Polk street gallery;
- book signings for her new book;
- at various panels across the country (including Oxford, England);
- on stage at the Castro Theatre hosting the Good Vibrations Indie Erotic Film Fest with Peaches Christ, and in countless publications exploring the mystery of human sexuality.
- Oh, and she also scripts and hosts the Pleasure-Ed line of informational films for GV’s sister company, Good Releasing.
And that’s just as an ambassador for Good Vibrations! Of course she is also the co-founder of the Center for Sex and Culture, an epic resource for sexuality-related exploration in San Francisco, and the host of the original Masturbate-a-thon.
Phew! I can’t keep up, but it sure is fun trying.
Carol has another exciting celebration coming up this month “ her birthday! Join us in celebrating the birthday and book party of our favorite sex educator/author/activist, Dr. Carol Queen! In addition to another marvelous year, Carol will also be celebrating the new edition of her book, Exhibitionism for the Shy, so bring out your inner exhibitionist and enter the peepshow, complete with live performances (Kitten on the Keys! Keep Sweet dirty blues duet! Lusty Lady lap dances!), toasts, roasts, and merriment. Spin the Wheel of Pleasure, and enter to win a variety of awesome prizes, all proceeds go to the Center for Sex and Culture!
When: Thursday, July 15th
Time: 7:00 pm “ 9:00 pm
Where: Good Vibrations Polk Street Gallery
1620 Polk Street (at Sacramento Street)
San Francisco, CA 94109