A Dating Site for “Ugly” People?
I’m just not sure what to make of this. Jezebel.com has a post about The Ugly Bug Ball, a new dating site in England that’s being marketing to the “millions of people that don’t like what they see in the mirror.” And how can they go wrong with information like this on their homepage:
- Half of UK daters aren’t pretty so instead of fishing in a small pool of prettiness and getting nowhere dive into an ocean of uglies and have more choice.
- Ugly people are a better calibre of human – pretty people generally aren’t very nice and are often a bit shallow.
- Ugly people have had a tougher life and therefore tend to be more considerate and more loyal. A recent TUBB survey also proved that they try harder in bed.
- Once with an ugly partner it is unlikely that anyone will try and take them from you meaning you can let yourself go completely once you’re together.
- In these straightened times TUBB is cheaper as a) We don’t charge much as the pretty sites and b) Ugly people have lower expectations “ for a first date A Family Bucket will usually do the trick.
I can’t decide if this is serious or a prank. Either way, it’s not particularly funny.