How To Give Someone A Sexy Gift
Are you getting ready for the holidays? Making your list of gifts to get? Do you want to get someone something sexy this year? Great! But it’s not always a win, so here are some tips to make sure you both end up with smiles on your face.
1) First thing to think about- how much of a surprise is this going to be? If you and your sweetie already enjoy sharing sex toys or trying new things, you can probably skip the rest of this one. But if you’ve never talked about sex toys or if you’ve never used them together, you might need to strategize a bit. After all, picking a sex toy for someone else can be tricky, even when you have an idea of what they might like.
If you haven’t talked about sex toys with your partner before, that’s a good place to start. Maybe they’ve fantasized about toys and is just waiting for you to bring them up! Begin the conversation with something like “I was reading on this website about how most women need clitoral stimulation to have an orgasm, even during intercourse. I’d love to try using a vibrator during sex.” Or perhaps you can say “I’ve been curious about anal sex and I found a website that has lots of information and toys. Can I show it to you?” Laying a little groundwork can save you a lot of drama down the road.
2) Remember that this is a gift for them, not for you. One of our Facebook friends recently posted that since her boyfriend likes seeing her in lingerie, he doesn’t buy it for her. Instead, she buys sexy underwear that she wears for him. That shows how important it is to be clear on who’s getting the gift. Of course, if she enjoyed wearing lingerie as much as some women do, that’d be different.
So if, for example, you want to watch your partner use a vibrator, it might be good to also get them something that focuses on their desires and interests. Maybe you can also get a book of erotica to read out loud at the same time. (It’s a much more fun version of story time!) Or some massage lotion and a how-to book might be a nice treat. Just make sure that you’re giving them something that they actually want, instead of something that you want.
3) Find some private time to give it to them. When you’re wrapping your presents, be sure to set the sexy ones aside for when you’re alone. That’s especially important when you have kids- they’ll want to know what the last present left unopened is. But you might be surprised at how often someone gives a sweetie a present in a restaurant or other public place. Save yourself the trouble and have them open it later.
4) Don’t get too caught up in your expectations. We have lots of amazing toys on our shelves, but none of them will work for everyone. And sometimes, it takes a little experimentation to figure out the right angle or the best way to use a specific gadget. But if you’re expecting fireworks, you might be disappointed. Of course, I hope that doesn’t happen, but we need to be realistic about sex.
This is where talking about it beforehand can be useful. Give your partner a gift card and browse our site together. Or ask your lover to send you some links to the toys that they’re curious about, so you can pick one. That won’t guarantee that your new goodie will rock their world, but it sure improves your odds.
5) We make it easy to find the perfect gift with our Sexy Holiday Gift Guides. Whether you’re looking for a body & massage product, one of our all-in-one sex toy kits, or a bondage & fetish toy to live out your Fifty Shades fantasies, we’ve got you covered. We also have gifts under $25, gifts under $50, and gifts under $75 so you can please your partner without breaking the bank.
So now you’re ready to head on over to our website. We hope that whatever you pick out, you have an fun and sexy time!